Monday 24 February 2020

Update 24th February 2020

It’s another week closer to Cheltenham and as I write this, and it’s under 2 weeks until my last day at work before the best week of the year. It’s a bit concerning that, we are getting so much rain, but Cheltenham drains well, so there shouldn’t be too many problems. More of a concern is how these days are dragging on.
 
Last weekend, I did have a few bets, but they were very limited and I ended up being virtually level on the weekend, think I was £4 down or something. Alas my ante post bet on the Winter Derby Bangkok ran poorly, but overall, just what I needed on the run up to Cheltenham, quiet, uneventful and not too damaging to my limited finances.
 
From now on though, it’s a complete lockdown, no betting, even ante post until the weekend before Cheltenham, when I might have my annual go at the Imperial Cup. I was going to have ante post bets, but finances decree, that I’ll not them backing them now, and will just back them on the day, even if it means missing bigger prices. I intend to do this between Cheltenham and Aintree as well, as I gear my self towards less punting, concentrated towards the bigger/better meetings in the future.
 
As usual I’ve ordered a raft of preview books, which I will devour on the lead up to the meeting, but I will try to avoid too much other horse racing news. I need to be fresh for Cheltenham, and his rest will do me the power of good.
 
This week, my aim will be to sort out the information and then the stakes for the information I will be using at Cheltenham.
 
I’ll update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment